Field Day and Fish Fry - 2020
The Shakespeare & Community Athletic Association along with our Field Day Committee have hosted our Annual Field Day and Fish Fry in June for the past 72 years. Unfortunately this popular community fun packed day and evening of activities will not proceed this year due to current COVID-19 health regulations, guidelines and restrictions.
We would like to thank all of our previous financial supporters and our many volunteers that have made this event possible in the past. We look forward to the return of all of our community celebrations again in the future.
Stay Safe – We are ALL in this Together as a Community!
SCAA Minor Sports Programs Update May 22, 2020:
In following the below guidelines the Shakespeare Community Athletic Association is continuing to work towards being ready for the upcoming season should the restrictions currently in place by the Ontario government be lifted. We are also working on plans should the 2020 season be completely cancelled.
More details will become available over the next few weeks.
On May 14, 2020 the Provincial Government announced under stage 1 of its reopening plan that certain outdoor sports fields and individual sports such as cycling and golf can resume. ALL team sports, such as baseball (softball) and soccer, are still under suspension.
Baseball and Soccer Ontario remains committed to the safety of amateur sports participants. While the COVID‐19 situation remains fluid, they and we are continuing to monitor the situation. Based on the guidelines of the provincial government and public health authorities, the suspension of all in person programs remains in effect through May 31, 2020.
Any and all in‐person training or activity, regardless of the number of participants, are still prohibited at this time.
The SCAA Executive would like to thank everyone for their continued patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Intercounty Soccer League will provide an update on the upcoming season by April 20, 2020.
If the decision is to cancel this years soccer season, a full registration refund will be made to all players/families.
Update - April 29, 2020
Hello Soccer Families:
We hope this message finds everyone safe and well. We wanted to provide an update on the upcoming soccer season in Shakespeare.
With the current COVID-19 social distancing measures in place, the upcoming soccer season is temporarily on hold until further notice. The Inter-County Committee will be meeting virtually again on May 20th to re-evaluate and discuss probable options going forward.
It would be our hope that a possible later start date may still be an option, however, at this point we rely on the advice of our governing bodies, healthcare experts and any physical distancing measures that continue to remain in effect leading up to the summer months.
In the event that the season may have to be cancelled altogether, a refund of your registration fee(s) will be made available. Please stay connected with us via email, Facebook or our website for further updates.
Until then, stay active, keep moving and practice your soccer skills!